Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The day I thought was going to be godawful

So today I suspected was going to be terrible, but so far its been kickass. First some background: i was awake until 1:30 or 2:00 last night attempting to finish these peer reviews and study for a stats quiz.

Well, make a notecard for the stats quiz, I have no idea how to study for math. Might explain my utter destruction regarding... anything to do with math. But I digress. I thought today was going to be shitty, because of sleep deprivation and the fact that my first class starts at 7:30 and because attendance was required.
Well, my first class was all right, minimum of effort, and my coffee kept me awake. Stats was less of a fail than I expected, but I'm assuming I'll get it back and get a T for troll anyway. So whatever about that. But then I was sitting outside the Science and Engineering library (Because it has a cafe inside, not because I read either of those subjects on a regular basis), on this lovely bench. Just sittin' and eatin', alone like usual, whatever to that as well, and this guy walks up and smashes his cigarette on the trash can and then blows this huge lungful of smoke right in front of me like a fucktard.

I thought 'What the fuck, man? You just made that bite of this delicious sandwich taste like a crematory.' Immediately after the thought completed itself, he tripped over an electrical cord strung across the walkway. 'OH MY GOD I'M HARRY POTTER!'
Yeah. I just released a snake on Dudly cause he was being a bitch.

So after controlling my inner monologue and determining that I would keep my magical prowess a secret until my latent Hogwarts letter arrived, I got up and moved to a picnic table on the Oval (big central blob of grass on campus) because it was a little bit closer to the library that I had to eventually get to anyway. It was lovely. Someone was cutting the grass, so it smelled good, it is the perfect temperature outside, my sandwich (that I have dubbed the Jesus sandwich, its catching on) was scrumptious. Another piece of evidence that today is not entirely wasted.
So now I'm siting in the library, pretending to write this page about a play that is due at 1:30. ...I really should get on that. But if I finish that on time, then this day will have been a success rather than a dismal failure. Hooray!

Edit: OH MAN! How could I have forgotten this major detail? This day got even awesome-er when I was this dude who looked like a professor on the top, button up, messenger bag, glasses, the like, but he had on a fucking kilt! and knee0high green socks! And looked like he wears these things on a regular basis! He is my new hero. A kilt. Who would have thought. He was like this, but old. Which made it even better.

I would have taken a picture of the actual guy, but I cant pretend like I'm texting because i cant get pictures off my phone onto my laptop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment