Monday, April 16, 2012

Deplorable.

All right. I know that I have already posted twice today, and posting a third time is like calling the girl five minutes after you dropped her off at her front door after the first date to set up the next one and saying 'i love you' before you hang up, but I have seen something. A something that is in no way shape or form deep or epic or applicable to anything, which further tarnishes my reputation as a blog-person. Or something. But look, and you'll understand.
Do you see that blemish on that banana I so unwittingly bought at the store the other day? (Ignore the homework in the background that I swear I'm going to do someday.) That's right, kids, it's one of those take-a-picture-of-me-with-your-newfangled-iPhone-and-I'll-send-you-to-a-cool-website stickers! ON A FREAKING BANANA! Your nanners are no longer safe. I happen to own a trac phone, the kind you buy individual minutes for, and I'm claiming phone-ism. A banana with an iPhone-sticker-link-thing on it is appealing to the thin upper crust of phone technology. Stupid-phone owners eat, too! I want adorable stickers on my bananas that I can stick on my calculator, not THIS rubbish! (If I see an iPhone-thing on a package of ramen, I'm boycotting food.) And what link to technology can a banana possibly warrant? Well, there was the address of the website on the sticker too, so I went there. Yonanas.com. Apparently there's a machine that turns frozen fruit into something that resembles ice cream. Woo, a glorified blender! JUST what I need. A bit of advice from the webpage? Something like "Don't freeze the bananas with the peel on. Peel them, then freeze." Just throwing that out there for your contemplation.

Edit: I clicked this tab up, and looked at this banana, and thought that maybe I should take a picture of ALL the iPod link-thingies I see because they piss me off so much, and they seem to breed on campus. Then I imagined me walking around and whipping out my camera  to take a picture of one, and someone telling me 'You're supposed to use an iPhone for that'. You don't say... but I'm not going to take those pictures now, on any account. Not even to the ones that only give you the stupid little ink blot and nothing else. Not even a web address. I won't even take pictures of those ones.

Edit squared: Did you know you can get necklaces with those things on them? A hunk of metal around your neck that random strangers can come up to you and be like "Oh, can I iPhone-picture that ink blot on your necklace?" And you'll say "Sure random stranger, that's what it's there for!", and they'll get an awesome shot of your cleavage and run away.  Seems like poor planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment