Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Edit: Oh, fuck, I forgot a title.

So. I'm sick. It's terrible. It snuck up on me yesterday, when I was all unsuspecting and feeling awesome 'cause the professor who's class I was avoiding in my first post cancelled class. (Why does spell check think I spelled 'snuck' wrong? That is a word, isn't it? MY LIFE IS A LIE) So I was sitting in my friend's dorm, reading Black Butler online, having a splendid time. Grell makes my life, just sayin'. Before she left for class, Friend said "Why are you wearing your sweatshirt? You look like you're leaving." Or something like that. I said I was cold, that I get that way when I don't move at all because I'm too busy staring at Sebastian's face. And when I'm laying on the floor. Little did I know that this coldness was an omen. A terrible sign of the plague that was just making itself comfortable in my body after inviting its rude self in.
Friend left for class. I continued reading. Looking back, I realized that it would have been better to start making fortifications. Or talking to miss Fish-Moor, my high school A.P. Bio teacher. I'm sure she could've intimidated the germs right out of me. I decided that I was tired, and grabbed up a blanket to sleep. But everything touching my neck made me want to puke- even my lovely necklace that has my name on a grain of rice. I must have been delirious by then, because I thought that was normal.
I eventually figured out that it was, in fact, not normal at all, so I left Friend's dorm. The front desk people stopped talking when I left the building with my hood up and my hands shoved into my pockets, but that may have just been them trying to contain their laughter until I passed rather than in concern for my well-being. "Haha, look at that fluffy white chick trying to be a gangster..." No. I'm dying. Stfu.
The plague had set in by the time I'd returned to my grandmother's house which is my current place of residence. She hovers like a boss when I'm sick, which is actually pretty annoying. "I'll check back in an hour..." No. I'm dying. Gtfo.
Also, I had a draft for an English paper due at 5 pm today. I'd talked to my professor earlier that day because I can't make my idea have a thesis, and he gave me some pretty alright ideas, but by the time I got home implementing them was beyond me. So I submitted the shitty thing I'd already had written before I'd talked to him, and then added an addendum to the bottom that basically said 'All that was a lie. Here's what I'm really going to do.' The worst part? A group of people in my class has to read that shit. And that's the impression they're going to have of me. Awesome.
There's not even any outside media in this post. I could attach my draft... but I won't subject you to that. Just all my woes and thoughts of death, is all. And this.

No comments:

Post a Comment